Well until we build the furniture, all the lining and insulation is now done! Wohoo! That was tough and its taken 6 weeks to get this far. It would be so much easier to ply line and just line the ply, but our way gives the van character and maximises space.
The B pillar was quite straight forward, we put magnets in ready for the curtains, though the first side I forgot and had to redo. Doh. The safety belts were untouched, but the bottom trim unclips to get a neat carpet line. On the OS pillar we made the 2 old bulkhead (M6?) welded nuts accessible as we can use this to tie in the furniture. We also removed the OS step as this will be boarded over later
The NS sliding door does have a bit of a recess. You could do a huge amount of work and get 2 small holes, or a small amount of work and get a larger shallower hole. We went for the latter and some extra insulation behind. Of course, as you can see, the lock area is waterproofed so water ingress can escape, and a vapour barrier installed.
Word of warning – the door doesn’t track parallel – so we made the front storage box and it measured fine but when fitted it touched the side of the van when door was fully open! Doh. So had to take it off (fortunately designed by me to come off!!!), and then make it narrower. Would’ve been easier to start again but instead used the multitool and sliced it. As you can see, it is just clear of the door! We did consider (and have on order) a cargo net, but that will be more prone to bulge and catch the door.
But, all fits, and no more lining for a few weeks!