In my head, this job was easy – doh. As ever, its a right sod and isn’t as easy as it looks on YouTube.
So, the way I did it, right or wrong, is:-
- Measure where the door needs to be and the size
- Cut rectangle MDF to the size of door
- Use corner jig (ply with rounded corner and lips) and a flush router bit to round off each corner on the MDF door
- Screw door to bigger bit of MDF and use router template guide to cut out a door from MDF (so you get a larger “negative” of the door (6mm straight cut bit)
- Place negative template on “real” wood and mask, clamp, and use router with template guide to cut out real door.
- Once cut, remove tape and hopefully its nice and neat!
Then route a T cut (1.6mm) half way though thickness of the ply and bang in the edging.
Easy as that lol!
(Need to practice for when doors will be on view!)