• From Anonymous on Zorbing at Zorb South

Yeah I got Netta a voucher for two as well. It's great laugh, but well overpriced, still something else crossed off the list!! Rob.

2009/08/07 at 10:07 pm
  • From Anonymous on My new toy!

I always thought you had a small chopper!

2009/07/30 at 8:47 pm
  • From C3darPark on Wakeboarding and WMSki Cable Lake in the Cotswolds

Cheers for a great few days away. Glad it wasn't me to be the only one caught on film falling in – eh Tim?

Must go and link the video of Ryan falling off the traily to your Andalucia blog… 😀

G.

2009/07/06 at 6:56 pm
  • From C3darPark on We're alive!

That off-roading photo makes you look so calm and in control Ryan – I feel compelled to redress the balance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lnRVelfPuQ at 02:30, and then again at 06:15!!!

G.

2009/07/06 at 6:53 pm
  • From Anonymous on Spanish trail riding video (from Dec 08)

Cheeky git.

A 2 hour DVD of the weekend is in the post, showing all your crashes!

G.

2009/03/15 at 6:11 pm
  • From Anonymous on The tower in Pisa is a bit wonkey....

Hi Guys,

Remember meeting at Afferden, Holland?? Well there is a facinating set of circumstances that I am sure you will find amusing concerning how we found your superb site and why!

We have read just about every thing you have written about your travels they seem great. Glad you enjoyed Spain and Portugal and we agree Portugal has the edge.

Must rush off now as we are busy finalising our packing to leave once more on another tour tomorrow. Yet another coincidence we are planning to tour Italy!

Kind regards
    Barry & Hazel

2009/03/10 at 11:22 pm
  • From CandA on Brussels

Hi,

just discovered your blog and website – really appreciate the detail and information. We are off to Italy ourselves in April, the start of our yera out travelling around Southern europe. We’ll keep an eye on your blog for ideas.

We have a VW van but not the archetypal camper that everyone pictures. Ours is a high-top Transporter (a Blue T5) conversion by Devon – if you see us in Europe come over for a chat.

Liked your photo of the toboggan at the Hexenplatze – we were there in 2000 and couldn’t resist the ride either.

And finally, I believe the Brussels atom is meantto represent a crystal of Iron. Sorry for being a nerd but I am a Biochemist!

Any prize?

2009/02/27 at 9:44 am
  • From Anonymous on We're off!

Hi Ryan and Mel,

Sorry not to catch up with you earlier. Just to let you know that Rob came off his motorbike last Friday, just started off from home was turning a slight right hand corner (near the playground around the corner from us) when the back went from underneath him. He came off and the bike fell on his leg causing a spiral fracture of his tibia, snapping his fibula and breaking his ankle. Needless to say he’s in hospital having had to have a metal plate put in to pin his bones together. He’s doing really well and we hope he’ll be out and home tomorrow (Fri 27th). We’ve had a fantastic holiday and I’m sure Rob will have time now to sort out the photos!
    How’s the marathon training coming along? Love Netta xx

2009/02/26 at 7:47 am
  • From Anonymous on Home again

Have you started your marathon training yet? Nettaono

2009/01/28 at 8:21 am
  • From Ryan and Mel on Home again

What a lovely comment Karen (hope you see this!) – many thanks – glad to see someone else doing it! We’ll catch you up 🙂 Buy you a wine for your stories!

2009/01/20 at 7:25 pm
  • From Anonymous on Home again

Just wanted to congratulate you on your well-written, entertaining and informative website. Your dreams and philosophy for life… are thing I share and you are an inspiration. I’ve just taken VERY early retirement, at 51, from a stressful, senior level, albeit exciting and interesting job in the rat race. I know that’s old to you! I’ve bought a small van similar to yours and I’m off (solo) to Portugal/Spain shortly to tour for a few months – back in time for Glastonbury Festival!! Scotland for the summer and who knows, perhaps Austria and Italy in the autumn….
    Good luck with the rest of your dreams… some I of them I’m ahead of you – the country home (mortgage paid), lots of time driving on safari in Africa etc getting close to the wildlife and, and in my younger years more energetic activities – parachuting, water skiing, ballooning and a few others!
    Keep on having fun, you’ve got it right!… best wishes Karen

2009/01/20 at 6:21 pm
  • From Anonymous on We Are Here...

keep on trucking! looks as though you are enjoying yourseles. Hope you get your wish with the weather. Late spring it is possible (in some places) to ski in the mountains in the morning and belt down to the sea for a dip after lunch.
    Have a good Christmas.
    J & C

2008/12/18 at 7:47 pm
  • From Anonymous on What a stupid idea! Madness!

Thanks, I have ordered the book. Just discovered that our van has leaked quite alot in the recent heavy rain so I will be on the roof with the sealant in the next few days. Have you crossed the border into spain yet? If so did you go over or round the mountains?

2008/11/30 at 11:15 pm
  • From Ryan and Mel on We're off again!

lol! Good to hear from you Geoff.
    Looking at the Euro/GBP exchange rate you may be right!!!
    However, the main plan is to mix a few days expensive boarding with a few cheap days on the beach flying kites and eyeing up the totty.
    We are assuming we can get the van up an icy mountain in the first place……
    Watch this space!

2008/11/27 at 4:15 pm
  • From Geoff Collins on We're off again!

Ryan – You’re so tight that I expect you’re going to walk up the slopes to avoid buying lift passes!

Have fun.
    Geoff

2008/11/27 at 3:59 pm
  • From Ryan and Mel on What a stupid idea! Madness!

Thanks Simon!
    You will love it – and I’m sure your kid will learn more from this than you may think! Look up “Europe in a motorhome” book – as this has details of people (in a huge van) with kids travelling round for a year.
    Whats the worst that can happen! 🙂

2008/11/24 at 9:20 pm
  • From simon on What a stupid idea! Madness!

I have found your site today as I was researching getting from France to spain in January. We have just bought a good size motorhome and leave the uk headed for Malaga or thereabouts the first week of Jan next year. I will now be checking you site regulaly. We are a bit nervous as we have quit our jobs and are taking our three year old daughter

2008/11/24 at 8:52 pm
  • From Anonymous on Hello from Hamburg

do the locals here like fast food?! – Rob.

2008/10/31 at 9:58 pm
  • From netta on Amsterdam 1/2 Marathon

Hi there!
    Well done on you half! I nearly died running mine (The Great Eastern Run – Peterborough) the other week. It was very hot and I got very dehydrated. I managed to cross the line in 1hr 47min 26 secs but the last mile took 10min 40 secs!
    Have entered Edinburgh as have not got into London so see you in May!
    Take care of yourselves! Love Netta & Rob

2008/10/22 at 8:47 pm
  • From Anonymous on Lifes a beach....

sounds like a good start – keep up with the updates – Rob.

2008/10/15 at 9:36 pm
  • From Will on Wakeboarding and Zorro

Ouch! That looks like a sore one. It was good to see you both, and hope to see you after your travels! Will

2008/10/02 at 12:31 pm
  • From poyz7 on Matched betting - Easy Money?

just goto www.freebetprofits.com and they work all the bets out for you and they use lots of different online bookmakers so you have no need to worry if your maths are right when working out the bets

2008/07/30 at 11:01 pm