• From Joanne and Craig on About Us

Loving the updates and very much like your jfdi approach. Couple after our own heart…whats the plans for the next couple of months?

2016/08/24 at 11:49 pm
  • From Paul on Tip: Winterising a Panel Van Campervan

That’s a great write-up. Thanks for taking the time to document all this, and provide such great advice based on your experince.

I particularly like your curtain arrangement. Is there any chance you could provide a link to a fleece material that’s roughly equivalent to what you used?

Did you shape the curtain at all to the cab, or just have it straight, presumably it would just gathers together in some places? Does the curtain end up being very heavy? Is it easy to fit with only one person?

Thanks again,
    Paul

2016/08/21 at 9:14 am
    • From BLOG on Tip: Winterising a Panel Van Campervan

Take a look at our NV200 build too.
      The fleece material was from a shop, same as the blackout bit. The blackout bit just maks sure you cant blow through. Can’t link – it was a real shop 🙂
      In this post, the curtain is rectangular. On the NV200 its shaped. Its not heavy nor difficult. This post I used Velcro but changed to curtain rail, new van curtain rail. The rail is neater but less air tight.
      The NV build has curtain rail and curtains post.
      Hope this helps

2016/08/21 at 9:24 am
  • From Frank Shepherd on Do you need an inverter (240v) in a van?

thank you for simplifying the query I had about inverters…. We have just bought our first motorhome, a Chausson Flash 08 (2006)…and the electrics seem to be so uncomplicated…I wouldn’t want to interfere with that . I believe it has already got LED bulbs in most areas.

2016/08/20 at 6:09 pm
  • From Lee speedy on How to change water pump on 2L FWD Transit

Thanks for a great description.
    I’m hoping it’s going to do the job for me

2016/08/17 at 7:27 pm
  • From Timo on Summary of trip and tips learned

What a pity you didn’t find your Spain. I hope you some day give it a second chance. We’ve had our second home (first in Finland) in Costa Blanca area for two years now and love the area, country (and the weather). My idea is, that if you are going through any country fast, you easily see just the rundown areas and not find the good places. Spain is full of old towns, history till the roman times, medieval and older castles, natural parks, beautiful beaches, and so on. Two years now and we have not even scratched the Costa Blance area (without campervan). For example, if you go first time to Los Angeles and just drive it though, it’s most likely horribly place and not remind that hollywood image at all.

I read all you blog posts on your new campervan after seeing the video. Thank you for your effort, it was really inspiring and lots of good ideas and examples. I’m on the research phase myself. The idea is to have something similar for the exploration of Southern and Central Europe and skip the need of normal car when we relocate permanently in Spain. Campervan, most likely based on 4Motion Transporter (little bit more room for travelling labrador) and motorbike/scooter combination for me. I’m a sort of “VW guy” with 4 VW’s in row (now VW 2012 Tiguan TDI 4Motion DSG-7). I think 4-wheel-drive in campervan could be useful in Spain to access nice places and views and to get back from those places of course 🙂 Thanks and take care!

2016/08/16 at 8:38 am
    • From BLOG on Summary of trip and tips learned

Thank you for your comment.
      We’ve had multiple friends cover Spain recently and their feedback is pretty much as you say. So we WILL go back and explore Spain more and try and find the quieter areas. So not ruled out, and we’ll head back – just so many places to visit lol. And next time we’ll keep out of the tourist hotspots where possible. We live and learn on our travels.
      Best wishes to you too – hope your build goes well!

2016/08/16 at 1:33 pm
  • From Andy Hale on About Us

Hi Ryan, I’ve been keeping an occasional eye on your progress and have just watched your video on the finished project and I’m hugely impressed. As you probably know Lunar offer an NV200 conversion as do Sussex Campervans and an outfit up in the Midlands (they’ve even done an EV one) but none of them compare to yours. A fine job, possibly bordering on the brilliant, especially as a first timer.

After our Innovation we went onto an Adria Compact SL van which was great but then I decided to try caravanning and we went through a couple of Eriba Touring Troll 540’s (http://eribaliving.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/eriba-living.html), then a small Lunar and have ended up with a Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini. I suppose a classic walk through the ‘if it’s bigger it must be better’ caravanning thing.

However the call of the Innovation is strong, maybe nostalgia, but when I realised the subsequent owners lived just 40 mins from where we’ve lived for the last 7 years and were selling her I nearly went and bought it back. I was even tempted to buy another one that Highbridge Caravans in Somerset had on their used lot a while ago.

I never did find out how many Cavarno’s and Innovation’s the Pegg’s built and I think it’s a shame the concept hasn’t continued and developed. I always felt there was tension there between the Pegg’s and Steve but I never really got near enough to know for sure. As for the AutoCamper concepts they certainly aren’t for us, indeed every time I look at them I can’t work out the differentiation between them and I suspect I’m not the only one who’s confused. That project has some good points but needs delineation and drawing together to make sense. Talking of the Pegg’s, I was browsing their Vectra website the other day and noticed that they seem to have moved back to near their original premises in Tamworth. Is that a sign of the times?

Anyway enough reminiscing, congrats on a great job and let’s hope you get as much enjoyment from the Nissan as you did from the Cavarno.

Regards

SDA

2016/08/03 at 9:34 pm
    • From BLOG on About Us

Thanks.
      The cavarno was an excellent van – really very pleased. But yes, the service from a certain “seller” became woeful and caused us major issues. I think the Peggs still do conversions if you provide a van, but the brand isn’t as pushed as before. I really have never seen anything as good as the horizon vans. We took inspiration from them and things we’ve learned, but not come close on finish. We did look at the NV200 brands, the Lunar is just weird and not suitable, and the other we saw and weren’t impressed with – some really bad “in use” design features. But, if you were a weekender you’d get away with it – but not for months. Funny though – despite refusing to answer a simple question for me, they are trying to spam me and my youtube with links to their site. There are some other DIY conversions I’ve seen – both really good, different to us and our needs, but really good finishes and better quality than mine. Remember I don’t show the mistakes on the blog lol 🙂
      Good to hear from you!

2016/08/03 at 10:00 pm
      • From Andy Hale on About Us

We still have two bearded collies, though we don’t show them anymore, so any van we have has to have room for them and their gear.

Funnily enough I only sold the purpose-built dog crate that fitted in the back of the Innovation, early this year and now I’m wishing I hadn’t. The beauty of it was that each dog had a separate ‘kennel’ and could be got out of the back of the van on their own but the interior side had a central door and they could wander into the van from either side of the crate when it was open. More impressive was that Barjo had built a door in the crate so the Thetford cassette could be removed without taking the crate out of the van. It also stood a lot of weight on top with folded metal puppy pen, grooming trolley and a couple of camping chairs as well plus dog grooming bag, dog towels, washing up bowl and other stuff on top of it.

I always said that Horizon’s should build a bigger Innovation and use the extra space to add the Cavarno washroom and the Cavarno oven on the kitchen side but leave the ‘boot’ the same size. For some reason they chose to make bigger models but just extended the lounge/bed area and made the ‘boot’ deeper but didn’t add the bits that would’ve made a difference. I got the distinct impression they weren’t listening to users suggestions.

It would be interesting to talk to Vectra but I suspect it will be very hard to get hold of a suitably specced Mk 7 Tranny in decent condition now.

2016/08/03 at 10:29 pm
        • From BLOG on About Us

DIY 🙂
          It isn’t *that* tough really – just takes time. The only way to get exactly what you want. Look at sbmcc to get ideas…..
          Much cheaper too….

2016/08/03 at 10:35 pm
          • From Andy Hale on About Us

I don’t believe you’ve said how much the project has cost Ryan. I’d be interested to know as a comparison the commercial offerings. There again adding in your time for three months might balloon it a bit.

2016/08/03 at 10:53 pm
  • From erf on NV200: Van complete - final pics and video

An MX-5 should have a soft top :o)

2016/08/03 at 3:13 am
  • From Neil on About Us

It is so useful to have such detailed information about a conversion. We have a NV200 combi and have considered a conversion., not quiet as you have done but with the ability to remove the conversion because we have need of the van as a van. I do have a few questions about the reasons behind your plans. First question is why in the floor use batons as it seams like over kill. Is their some problem with the fool warping

2016/07/29 at 9:49 am
    • From admin on About Us

Fair question! It was a pain and the ply floor was a pain to fit.
      We used battens to support floor as thought the foam insulation may sag with the weight on over time. Also wanted the floor fixed so it could not move so screwing to bonded batens fixed it. The furniture is screwed to ply so hence via battens bonded to floor. Solid as a rock. But a pain! For sure our method could be improved.

2016/07/29 at 10:36 am
  • From Joanne and Craig on !! NEW WEBSITE !! (errors expected)

Good luck guys. Been there and its a nightmare but looking good

2016/07/26 at 11:27 am
    • From BLOG on !! NEW WEBSITE !! (errors expected)

lol! Thanks. Just found this in spam. And, confession time, it was your blog that I was reading that kicked me into action as I loved the layout, and hence I stole the same theme….! 🙂

2016/08/03 at 10:03 pm
  • From ALAN LIVINGSTON on Ford Transit TDCi, low power, low boost (p0235) - Fixed!

Can anyone tell me how to find out what a P3100 Fault Code definition is for my 2004 Transit 2.4 tdi.
    Kind regards
    alan livingston

2016/07/21 at 11:47 am
    • From admin on Ford Transit TDCi, low power, low boost (p0235) - Fixed!

Hello. No idea, and my searching found you already posting on fordtransit.org forum which I was going to recommend. Afraid I can’t offer more, apart from making the question public in the hope someone finds it. Hope you get it sorted!

2016/07/21 at 10:32 pm
  • From andrew frith on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Interesting and helpful read. Going to be installing a pic soon. JG having read the installationinstructions on a couple of different units , they say to seal all possible leaks in ceiling. Has I have downright in all rooms do they need to be sealed some how.

Andy

2016/07/19 at 5:03 am
    • From admin on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

I’d not overly worry about downlighters to be honest. You jut don’t want gaping holes. We have downlighters in the bedroom, bit (non closing) extractor vent in bathroom – and it works a treat

2016/07/19 at 9:06 am
  • From phil on NV200: DVLA Approval - and new V5

Thats fantastic !

2016/07/06 at 3:01 pm
  • From phil on NV200 campervan - usage report 🙂

Hugely impressed and very envious 🙂

2016/07/06 at 2:59 pm
  • From Colin on NV200: Seat and Bed is here (Rusty lee rock n roll)!

Really enjoying reading the blog. Bed looks very impressive. I might have missed it but any chance you could give the overall size of made up bed (length and width). Cheers!

2016/06/05 at 10:54 am
  • From Gav Norris on NV200: Seat and Bed is here (Rusty lee rock n roll)!

Looks great.
    We have a mitsubishi delica L300 and have ordered one of rustys standard 3/4 beds.
    What foam are you going with? you going for a memory/reflex laminated foam?

2016/05/31 at 2:55 pm
  • From Mags on NV200: Insulating, lining, and making use of hidden space

Love it – been doing the same thing in my van too 🙂 which fluffy insulation are you using?

2016/05/24 at 1:26 pm
  • From NV200: Curtains and blinds | Do Your Dream on NV200: Fitting cab curtain rail

[…] The curtain rail install was here:  http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/2016/04/nv200-fitting-cab-curtain-rail/ […]

2016/05/12 at 7:49 pm
  • From Phil on NV200: Seat and Bed is here (Rusty lee rock n roll)!

thats bloody awesome !!!

2016/05/12 at 3:43 pm
  • From Colin on Guestbook

Really enjoying the Nissan NV200 conversion!
    I haven’t been brave enough to start my own yet but I plan to and keeping a look out for suitable second hand base vehicle. thanks for all the detail 🙂

2016/04/29 at 11:55 am
  • From Colin on NV200: Insulating, lining, and making use of hidden space

Excellent use of the otherwise wasted space. Got to be worth the effort as it looks great as well as being useful!

2016/04/29 at 11:43 am
  • From Phil on NV200: Insulating, lining, and making use of hidden space

Love the shelves!

2016/04/27 at 9:16 am
  • From John on How to change water pump on 2L FWD Transit

Can anyone tell me the type of grease i need to get this job done?

2016/04/15 at 8:10 pm
  • From Nick on NV200: Insulating, lining and finishing a door

As this is a small van – I would, as I did with mine, cover every possible metal surface with sound deadening, either flashing tape or specialist variants, in addition to the vapour barrier. Apart from that and the disappointment that the carpet is grey, it is looking really good.

2016/04/15 at 3:25 pm
    • From Ryan and Mel on NV200: Insulating, lining and finishing a door

Its all grey. Its the 50 shades of grey van 🙂 All metal will be insulated and/or lined with thick lining carpet, so virtually nothing will be bare.
      The fresh water tank that arrived today bright blue – but as that will be underslung, you are stuck with greys!

2016/04/15 at 5:26 pm
  • From NV200: Cab | Do Your Dream on NV200: Fitting swivel plate and runners to passenger seat

[…] NV200: Fitting swivel plate and runners to passenger seat […]

2016/04/14 at 6:11 pm
  • From NV2200: Cab | Do Your Dream on NV200: Fitting swivel plate and runners to passenger seat

[…] NV200: Fitting swivel plate and runners to passenger seat […]

2016/04/14 at 6:05 pm
  • From Phil on NV200: Fitting swivel plate and runners to passenger seat

Really helpful write up for anyone else thats going to do same.

You going to follow up with dealer about the passenger seat cabling not being connected ?

2016/04/12 at 3:46 pm
    • From Ryan and Mel on NV200: Fitting swivel plate and runners to passenger seat

No – it was deliberate – it was taped back, and also the seat has nothing to connect it to! So its not like its not plugged in. My Transit had driver and pax airbags, and it didn’t have any seat sensors either. Is strange though….

2016/04/12 at 4:42 pm
      • From Jodi on NV200: Fitting swivel plate and runners to passenger seat

the impact sensors were mounted at the front bumper, perhaps..
        otherwise, that was a great job well done and I kinda like the way you thought that even if you had to do it yourself, you try to stick with specific engineered parts which is awesome..

I was looking for a safe way to mount a swivel seat for my car, fortunately stumbled upon your site, and to be honest, I’m intrigued to have me a small campervan as well now! =)

2016/08/24 at 11:13 am
  • From Phil on NV200: Bike Rack & 2nd rear view camera

Youre making fast progress! 🙂
    Ive always wondered .. just how do those racks, with 2 or 3 bikes on , connect to a ball and not move ?

2016/04/05 at 3:44 pm
  • From Alex on NV200: Insulating, lining and finishing a door

Looking good will have a go this week end, thanks for the tips.

Alex

2016/03/30 at 10:40 am
  • From 240v Electrics | Do Your Dream on NV200: 240v Electrics

[…] NV200: 240v Electrics […]

2016/03/20 at 1:01 pm
  • From Phil on NV200: Fitting towbar and electrics

Geesh!
    If I decide to fit a tow-bar , I owe you beers!

2016/03/14 at 4:04 pm
    • From Ryan and Mel on NV200: Fitting towbar and electrics

lol. My hands still cut from trying to get the electrics fitted without removing the bumper. So much easier 2nd time! Just wish someone was a month ahead of me lol

2016/03/14 at 9:04 pm
  • From Phil on New campervan has arrived! (Well, van)

Nice!
    Now I really cant wait to pick mine up 🙂
    Looking forward to following your conversion progress.

2016/03/09 at 2:31 pm
  • From Asia 2016: Khao Lak and The Similan Islands | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/03/05 at 10:43 am
  • From Asia 2016: Ao Nang and Khao Sok | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/02/29 at 2:16 am
  • From Maggie on Guestbook

Hi,
    Sorry to hear that Ryan’s parents did not manage the full Cambodia tour as planned. Hope they enjoyed what they did see (I’m sure that it was better than sitting at home wishing they had gone) and that the rest of your trip is excellent.

See you soon – it has stopped raining here (briefly) and daffodils are out

Maggie

2016/02/27 at 8:15 am
  • From Bill Lowry on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Hello, I’m interested in the PIV but am wondering how it might work for me. I have a Dormer Bungalow with two bedrooms upstairs at the same height as the loft. Would these bedrooms benefit from PIV as the unit would be at the floor level of the first floor pushing air downwards. I am not really able to install it any higher as there is nothing between the ceilings and roof.

2016/02/22 at 11:41 am
  • From Asia 2016: Chiang Rai | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/02/20 at 10:51 am
  • From David on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

We live in a detached 3 bed house near the coast and get a lot of condensation and black mould. I am considering the nuaire system but have 2 questions…..
    1, Should I get the heater? Some comments make me think it will be very expensive to run as we live in a cold area (wild Northern Ireland coast!) though it is seldom cold enough for snow to settle.
    2, My landing is very small, basically just as wide as the stairs (800mm) with all three bedroom doors leading direct off the top step, so just a small 800mm sq space. Will the vent work there as the installation says leave at least 400mm around the vent for setting 3.

Help! and thanks!
    David

2016/02/19 at 11:50 am
  • From David and Chris West on Ryan and Mel say "Do Your Dream!"

Good meeting you both today on the Chiang Rai trip.You will always be welcome whenever in Ariege……do keep in touch.

2016/02/18 at 3:36 pm
  • From Asia 2016: Pai, Sappong (aka Pang Mapha), Tham Lot | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/02/14 at 3:06 pm
  • From Asia 2016: Chiang Mai | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/02/06 at 11:12 am
  • From David Gillies on Asia 2016: Ayutthaya, Pak Chong, Khao Yai

Hi for dave and chell, it was great to meet you at the greenleaf tour restaurant ?? We enjoyed our evening with people so like minded, and thanks for the advice an heading to loas.
    I hope you complete your new van conversion later this year, maybe we will see you on the road.
    We are currently in sukhothai and have just cooked ourselves cycling around the historical park.
    We will keep an eye on your blog.
    Cheers.

2016/02/02 at 10:42 am
  • From Asia 2016: Ayutthaya, Pak Chong, Khao Yai | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/01/31 at 9:20 am
  • From Ryan on How to change water pump on 2L FWD Transit

Thank you for taking the time to write up this guide.. found it extremely helpful changing my water pump.. a lot easier to follow than the Haynes manual!

2016/01/29 at 9:17 am
  • From Terry on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Hi
    I have just had a nuaire drimaster Heat fitted this week. The heater has been connected seperately to the fan so I can switch it on or off when I like. My question is is there anyway you can tell the heater bit is working when I switch it on, I cannot feel any heat.

2016/01/28 at 10:55 pm
  • From Binita on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Hi !

I am a landlady , it’s a 4 bed semi detached house , we bought it about 6 months ago , it was a total rack and we done full refurbished , and rented the house , this was the first proper winter for a tenant , condensation appeared on one of the bedroom , and tenant moaning about the mould , she also said she is out most of the time and when she is back , heating they put it on for a full speed , which obviously cause more condensation , we have fitted extractor fan in kitchen – which I doubt that it’s being used , and have a small mould growth in pantry. And in one of the big bedroom there is a lot of condensation on window My question is , do you think this product will help me to sort out this issue and most importantly as tenants don’t like to pay big electricity bill to pay – and she switched that off than condensation problem would be still there ? Or can we adjust the settings that she can’t manipulate it ,( I assume that it will go in loft and the ceiling in landings are quite high anyways) thanks ,

2016/01/28 at 6:55 pm
    • From Go for it! on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Yes it will help! We have installed an enviro vent system in one of our rentals. Tenants were drying clothes and not using the fan as it was always switched off. This unit has dried out the bungalow completely. Been installed for 2 years. I will be fitting the nuaire unit above in our holiday home shortly, same idea but lots cheaper than envirovent system.
      If and when you have it fitted don’t tell the tenants how to turn it off though!

2016/01/28 at 9:37 pm
  • From Asia 2016: Kanchanaburi | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/01/25 at 3:48 am
  • From Asia 2016: Bangkok | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/01/23 at 11:35 am
  • From joe on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Hi l live in a rented house and have a drimaster heat installed by the landlord when it first went in it was freezing only when heating was on full was it bearable, he then had the setting changed lowered fan setting and lowered the heating setting to come on it is now winter and its like having a window open constantly, the hallway struggles to get upto 18oc and when my heatings off falls to 15oc and bellow so cold. Electric its costing £1.50 a day add that to heating costs its so expensive yes its sorted the condensation, but its costing me a fortune in heating and electric and making the house cold its like chucking money down a drain trying to keep the house warm!

2016/01/18 at 11:00 am
    • From Ryan and Mel on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

hi
      thanks for your comment. I think the fan speed may be too high still. ours is cool but not freezing and don’t think it has effected the heating costs at all. Though yes with the heater on it costs to run. its 500w so can be 12kwh per day so depends what you pay. Our heater isn’t on 24×7 and is set it, I think, 14’….
      From our elec usage it only runs the heater constantly in the cold months. If your fan is too fast….
      Though even at 1.50/day over winter, its cheaper than fixing mould everywhere… A price we are happy to pay
      See link at top of page as I have a better list of info to reduce moisture/condensation. If those addressed maybe your landlord could turn speed down a notch?
      Ours feels nothing like an open window. And an open window didn’t work either! In fact our bedroom windows stay closed now whereas before we had to have them open and still got condensation. Our bedroom deffo warmer now!
      Good luck!

2016/01/19 at 8:40 am
  • From Siem Reap | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/01/18 at 9:16 am
  • From Claire on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Hi there. After reading this blog I have also decided to install a nuaire Drimaster, but as my property is rented out I’ve decided to save myself £150 and have the standard drimaster (unheated version). We live in cornwall which doesnt suffer so much from the cold as it does rain and dampness. I too have a 100+ year old cottage with no cavity and mold appears EVERY winter behind sofa’s and in corners of the bedrooms (outside walls) The installer who is fitting it next week said it should be fine as long as they have central heating on you will not feel draft from the fan? Has anyone else opted for the standard unheated version and have any comments on how it make the house feel? As last thing I want is phone calls from tennants saying house is colder!!!

2016/01/14 at 11:26 am