• From Phil on NV200: Bike Rack & 2nd rear view camera

Youre making fast progress! 🙂
    Ive always wondered .. just how do those racks, with 2 or 3 bikes on , connect to a ball and not move ?

2016/04/05 at 3:44 pm
  • From Alex on NV200: Insulating, lining and finishing a door

Looking good will have a go this week end, thanks for the tips.

Alex

2016/03/30 at 10:40 am
  • From 240v Electrics | Do Your Dream on NV200: 240v Electrics

[…] NV200: 240v Electrics […]

2016/03/20 at 1:01 pm
  • From Phil on NV200: Fitting towbar and electrics

Geesh!
    If I decide to fit a tow-bar , I owe you beers!

2016/03/14 at 4:04 pm
    • From Ryan and Mel on NV200: Fitting towbar and electrics

lol. My hands still cut from trying to get the electrics fitted without removing the bumper. So much easier 2nd time! Just wish someone was a month ahead of me lol

2016/03/14 at 9:04 pm
  • From Phil on New campervan has arrived! (Well, van)

Nice!
    Now I really cant wait to pick mine up 🙂
    Looking forward to following your conversion progress.

2016/03/09 at 2:31 pm
  • From Asia 2016: Khao Lak and The Similan Islands | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/03/05 at 10:43 am
  • From Asia 2016: Ao Nang and Khao Sok | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/02/29 at 2:16 am
  • From Maggie on Guestbook

Hi,
    Sorry to hear that Ryan’s parents did not manage the full Cambodia tour as planned. Hope they enjoyed what they did see (I’m sure that it was better than sitting at home wishing they had gone) and that the rest of your trip is excellent.

See you soon – it has stopped raining here (briefly) and daffodils are out

Maggie

2016/02/27 at 8:15 am
  • From Bill Lowry on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Hello, I’m interested in the PIV but am wondering how it might work for me. I have a Dormer Bungalow with two bedrooms upstairs at the same height as the loft. Would these bedrooms benefit from PIV as the unit would be at the floor level of the first floor pushing air downwards. I am not really able to install it any higher as there is nothing between the ceilings and roof.

2016/02/22 at 11:41 am
  • From Asia 2016: Chiang Rai | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/02/20 at 10:51 am
  • From David on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

We live in a detached 3 bed house near the coast and get a lot of condensation and black mould. I am considering the nuaire system but have 2 questions…..
    1, Should I get the heater? Some comments make me think it will be very expensive to run as we live in a cold area (wild Northern Ireland coast!) though it is seldom cold enough for snow to settle.
    2, My landing is very small, basically just as wide as the stairs (800mm) with all three bedroom doors leading direct off the top step, so just a small 800mm sq space. Will the vent work there as the installation says leave at least 400mm around the vent for setting 3.

Help! and thanks!
    David

2016/02/19 at 11:50 am
  • From David and Chris West on Ryan and Mel say "Do Your Dream!"

Good meeting you both today on the Chiang Rai trip.You will always be welcome whenever in Ariege……do keep in touch.

2016/02/18 at 3:36 pm
  • From Asia 2016: Pai, Sappong (aka Pang Mapha), Tham Lot | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/02/14 at 3:06 pm
  • From Asia 2016: Chiang Mai | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/02/06 at 11:12 am
  • From David Gillies on Asia 2016: Ayutthaya, Pak Chong, Khao Yai

Hi for dave and chell, it was great to meet you at the greenleaf tour restaurant ?? We enjoyed our evening with people so like minded, and thanks for the advice an heading to loas.
    I hope you complete your new van conversion later this year, maybe we will see you on the road.
    We are currently in sukhothai and have just cooked ourselves cycling around the historical park.
    We will keep an eye on your blog.
    Cheers.

2016/02/02 at 10:42 am
  • From Asia 2016: Ayutthaya, Pak Chong, Khao Yai | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/01/31 at 9:20 am
  • From Ryan on How to change water pump on 2L FWD Transit

Thank you for taking the time to write up this guide.. found it extremely helpful changing my water pump.. a lot easier to follow than the Haynes manual!

2016/01/29 at 9:17 am
  • From Terry on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Hi
    I have just had a nuaire drimaster Heat fitted this week. The heater has been connected seperately to the fan so I can switch it on or off when I like. My question is is there anyway you can tell the heater bit is working when I switch it on, I cannot feel any heat.

2016/01/28 at 10:55 pm
  • From Binita on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Hi !

I am a landlady , it’s a 4 bed semi detached house , we bought it about 6 months ago , it was a total rack and we done full refurbished , and rented the house , this was the first proper winter for a tenant , condensation appeared on one of the bedroom , and tenant moaning about the mould , she also said she is out most of the time and when she is back , heating they put it on for a full speed , which obviously cause more condensation , we have fitted extractor fan in kitchen – which I doubt that it’s being used , and have a small mould growth in pantry. And in one of the big bedroom there is a lot of condensation on window My question is , do you think this product will help me to sort out this issue and most importantly as tenants don’t like to pay big electricity bill to pay – and she switched that off than condensation problem would be still there ? Or can we adjust the settings that she can’t manipulate it ,( I assume that it will go in loft and the ceiling in landings are quite high anyways) thanks ,

2016/01/28 at 6:55 pm
    • From Go for it! on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Yes it will help! We have installed an enviro vent system in one of our rentals. Tenants were drying clothes and not using the fan as it was always switched off. This unit has dried out the bungalow completely. Been installed for 2 years. I will be fitting the nuaire unit above in our holiday home shortly, same idea but lots cheaper than envirovent system.
      If and when you have it fitted don’t tell the tenants how to turn it off though!

2016/01/28 at 9:37 pm
  • From Asia 2016: Kanchanaburi | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/01/25 at 3:48 am
  • From Asia 2016: Bangkok | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/01/23 at 11:35 am
  • From joe on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Hi l live in a rented house and have a drimaster heat installed by the landlord when it first went in it was freezing only when heating was on full was it bearable, he then had the setting changed lowered fan setting and lowered the heating setting to come on it is now winter and its like having a window open constantly, the hallway struggles to get upto 18oc and when my heatings off falls to 15oc and bellow so cold. Electric its costing £1.50 a day add that to heating costs its so expensive yes its sorted the condensation, but its costing me a fortune in heating and electric and making the house cold its like chucking money down a drain trying to keep the house warm!

2016/01/18 at 11:00 am
    • From Ryan and Mel on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

hi
      thanks for your comment. I think the fan speed may be too high still. ours is cool but not freezing and don’t think it has effected the heating costs at all. Though yes with the heater on it costs to run. its 500w so can be 12kwh per day so depends what you pay. Our heater isn’t on 24×7 and is set it, I think, 14’….
      From our elec usage it only runs the heater constantly in the cold months. If your fan is too fast….
      Though even at 1.50/day over winter, its cheaper than fixing mould everywhere… A price we are happy to pay
      See link at top of page as I have a better list of info to reduce moisture/condensation. If those addressed maybe your landlord could turn speed down a notch?
      Ours feels nothing like an open window. And an open window didn’t work either! In fact our bedroom windows stay closed now whereas before we had to have them open and still got condensation. Our bedroom deffo warmer now!
      Good luck!

2016/01/19 at 8:40 am
  • From Siem Reap | Do Your Dream on Trip 2: 2016

[…] Trip 2: 2016 […]

2016/01/18 at 9:16 am
  • From Claire on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Hi there. After reading this blog I have also decided to install a nuaire Drimaster, but as my property is rented out I’ve decided to save myself £150 and have the standard drimaster (unheated version). We live in cornwall which doesnt suffer so much from the cold as it does rain and dampness. I too have a 100+ year old cottage with no cavity and mold appears EVERY winter behind sofa’s and in corners of the bedrooms (outside walls) The installer who is fitting it next week said it should be fine as long as they have central heating on you will not feel draft from the fan? Has anyone else opted for the standard unheated version and have any comments on how it make the house feel? As last thing I want is phone calls from tennants saying house is colder!!!

2016/01/14 at 11:26 am
  • From Pete on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Hi Ryan/Mel, Just a quick question…and many thanks for all your hard work in putting all this info together. If the unit is basically sited in the upstairs loft, is the flow of air just as effectiuve downstairs as upstairs? My problems are mainly downstairs but also a bit upstairs. Many thanks! Pete

2016/01/12 at 7:13 pm
    • From Ryan and Mel on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

hi
      in theory yes they cover the whole house.
      bt condensation is caused by moisture in air so bedrooms usually suffer. so why do you get in downstairs? where is the moisture coming from? cooking, washing, drying clothes, leaky pipe, damp etc…? if so sort that – piv is not a miracle fix all you need o address the cause if you can – then piv will help
      see my site dedicated to this rather than my travel blog lol see http://www.drimaster-piv-condensation-system.co.uk/
      more info and hints there on addressing getting rid of moisture
      remember I AM NO EXPERT
      Ryan

2016/01/13 at 10:04 am
  • From 2016, 2017 and 2018 adventure plans….. | Do Your Dream on 2015 & 2016 Adventure Plans

[…] following on from our 2015-2016 plans, how did we […]

2016/01/04 at 9:18 am
  • From Frank on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Hi Ryan and Mel. Thanks for the detail on the drimaster. I’ve just moved into a 1930’s bungalow which has a condensation problem. Having researched the Nuaire products, I think that this would definitely solve the problem for us. I have one question which I hope you can help with. Our house has an upstairs extension, so very little loft space remains (and certainly not enough for the drimaster). We have a large cupboard in one of the eaves, which I thought could be used, but it would mean that the kit would have to be installed with the output vent and diffuser being aligned horizontally to the machine rather than vertically as is shown in all the photographs I’ve seen. Do you think that this would be ok? I’ve looked at the flatmaster as an alternative but would prefer to avoid the trouble of putting a hole through an external wall. Thanks for your help.
    Best, Frank

2016/01/03 at 5:50 pm
    • From Ryan and Mel on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Remember I am an owner/user – not an expert.
      But if I read you right, you want the outlet vent horizontally? Personally, I see no issue with that as long as the air comes out it should work. Depends where it is and ensure the room has airflow. Make sure the cupboard has a large volume of air that would otherwise be isolated from the house (e.g. drawing air through eves from outside).
      So in other words, if it is the equivalent of in a loft, vented externally, I don’t see why a horizontal outlet would differ from a vertical one.
      Good luck

2016/01/03 at 5:56 pm
      • From Frank on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Thanks. Your point about having air coming in through the eaves is exactly what I was thinking. Will check this out. Thanks again.

2016/01/03 at 6:38 pm
        • From Jeremy on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Hi Frank, not sure if this is still relevant, but if you look on the Nuaire site, they do a flatmaster version of the PIV which would suit you better than the drimaster. The Flatmaster is designed for properties without loft space.
          Am certainly looking at getting a Drimaster, as got a similar mould / condensation problem.
          Good luck
          Jeremy

2016/01/06 at 7:07 pm
  • From Jamie on How to change water pump on 2L FWD Transit

Hi what grease is needed for the spline thanks

2015/12/29 at 2:34 pm
  • From Paul on Ford Transit TDCi, low power, low boost (p0235) - Fixed!

FIXED.
    I’ve finally found the problem with my transit minibus.
    I was having the exact same problem as the person who wrote this article and after several tries and tests it’s worked out to be a faulty turbo vacuum Solenoid.
    The fault code was the same as on hear P0235.

2015/12/15 at 5:12 pm
  • From Paul on Ford Transit TDCi, low power, low boost (p0235) - Fixed!

Hi I’ve been following your steps for curing the low power problem with the transit because I have a 2004 mk6 2.0 TDCI Minibus with exactly the same problem.
    Taking for granted and assuming my vacuum pipes were in the correct place and the skipping first part of your article I proceeded to test further steps in the article.
    I have since found out the problem seems to lie with my vacuum pipes but after correcting them I still had the same problem I.e low power going in to limp mode glow plug light flashing etc etc.
    I have done all basic checks i.e. checking the pipes for splits but when I came to check the voltage on the green plug on the solenoid I found one of the wires had no voltage.
    One of the wires had 12 to 14 V but the other had no voltage at all.
    So my question is should there definitely be a reading from both and do you or anyone know where these two wires go to as I have followed the wire with no voltage chasing it back to the right hand side looking at the engine behind the water coolant bottle but then loose where it goes.
    I have strong vacuum coming from the vacuum pipe but once connected to to solenoids and to the turbo the vacuum isn’t as strong and is as if there not enough suction for the turbo actuator to work correctly.
    Any help regarding the wires would be appreciative of any further help regarding vacuum.

2015/12/01 at 9:03 pm
    • From Ryan and Mel on Ford Transit TDCi, low power, low boost (p0235) - Fixed!

Hi.
      You may want to pick up a cheap vacuum test kit to see if there is sufficient vacuum at the turbo. Check all pipes for leaks.
      The solenoids will only get voltage when the ECU wants a vacuum (or not, don’t know which way it goes).
      On startup, my EGR vacuum was “sucked” then eased off after a few seconds (10-20)
      On startup/idle, my turbo vacuum was sucked and stayed sucking till the van wanted to change its position.
      So, on my van, after say 20 seconds, as EGR vacuum request is “off” and Turbo vacuum request was “on”, I’d expect different voltages at the solenoid as they are doing opposite things. Its all from the ECU. Easier to test with vacuum kit.

(I’m no expert!)

Can you move the turbo actuator by hand? Also – with a cheap vacuum test kit you can test how much suction is required to move it – (figures above).

Good luck

2015/12/02 at 8:24 am
      • From Paul on Ford Transit TDCi, low power, low boost (p0235) - Fixed!

Hi yes I’ve go a vacuum test kit and all pipes are good.
        My turbo has constant vacuum on start-up/idol but still not as I would expect but if I bypass the solenoid and put the pipe straight from the vacuum to turbo it pulls the actuator fully.
        It’s only when connected to the solenoid that it doesn’t fully pull actuator complete.

I appreciate your no expert neither am I just a DIY mechanic hoping I’m looking for a bit of help so I am very appreciative of your time

2015/12/03 at 3:20 pm
  • From Michael on Ford Transit TDCi, low power, low boost (p0235) - Fixed!

Where does the vacum hoses go to I am having the same problem with my van and it’s got me baffled everything’s working as it should just slow and I can’t find a vacume diagram gurrrr

2015/11/30 at 3:51 pm
  • From Tony Davies on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Hi, we have condensation on our bedroom windows. We sleep with the door closed. Would we have to have the vent in our bedroom or would a landing vent still be effective.
    Many thanks,
    Tony

2015/11/22 at 6:49 pm
    • From Ryan and Mel on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

The way these things work, is *slight* extra pressure and that causes air movement. A single unit, vented on landing, is good enough for 4 bed house. On most doors, closed or not, there are big gaps where air naturally flows. So no, you do not need an outlet in the bedroom – just a single outlet on landing.

However, if you have an air-tight door then well, that isn’t going to work 🙂

Also remember I am a single happy customer/user and not an “expert” contact supplier with any questions – but hope the above is useful

2015/11/22 at 7:35 pm
  • From Jo Hall on 2015 & 2016 Adventure Plans

Did you ever make it to Devon, I see that your van has gone. It is a stunning part of the country and we live in north Devon, if you ever make it down here, bring your boards and a barbecue in the summer! The only thing that is annoying the locals are the car parking charges at the beaches though, they are becoming extortionate! Great blog by the way!

2015/11/12 at 4:17 pm
  • From Ian Ross on Fixing Malaga 3 hot water heater ignitor/burner

Great advice as fixed the Malaga unit by just cleaning the rust off the burner..

2015/11/07 at 6:14 pm
  • From Annie on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Can you help I have installed a drimaster about 12 years ago and it has stopped going the transformer box with the green light seems to be flashing and all the red lights are flashing as well nothing seems to be going has the motor gone and do I need to replace the unit

2015/10/10 at 7:05 am
  • From Mat Koocak on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

Hi,

I am thinking of getting a Flatmaster for our 2 bedroom flat. Only place I can install it is in our boiler room. Do you think it’s ok to have the inlet next to the boiler’s exhaust outlet? There is a hole already on the wall that I can put the inlet of the Flat master through.

Any comments are much appreciated.

Thank you.

2015/09/21 at 4:25 pm
    • From Ryan and Mel on Installing a Drimaster Heat PIV system

I’m not an expert and don’t pretend to be, so you really should contact Nuaire and ask them for their rules & regulations My personal feeling is not a hope in hell! The flue is there to get rid of toxic gas. Even having a window close is prohibited. Having a suction inlet pulling those fumes in is likely to put you on the Darwin award list.
      Maybe outlet and run ducting to somewhere safer – but please speak to the manufacturers and experts. Gas combustion fumes can easily and quietly kill – so don’t risk it

2015/09/22 at 5:32 pm
  • From Jeff on Ford Transit TDCi, low power, low boost (p0235) - Fixed!

Awesome read.

I have a Transit that constantly switches to “Limp mode”
    It appears to have a Low Pressure fuel rail problem but we have replaced and check everything, including new Injectors and Rail. Very frustrating indeed. Still no fix

2015/08/14 at 11:38 pm
  • From Mike on Tip: Winterising a Panel Van Campervan

Wow, what a useful post. thanks for taking the time to write this excellent article about your experiences & lessons learned. Very best wishes for your future adventures!

2015/08/05 at 12:11 am
  • From Packing List and Final Tips | Do Your Dream on Tips & Packing list for Asia (2016 version)

[…] newer improved version based on more experience here […]

2015/07/23 at 10:25 am
  • From 1000km cycle/camping 1 month tour of Brittany | Do Your Dream on A month cycling around Brittany....

[…] A month cycling around Brittany…. […]

2015/07/11 at 7:38 pm
  • From Dave on Home 4kw Solar Install

How has this worked out, has it been as good as you had hoped. Are they rates in UK still as generous as you have detailed?

2015/05/22 at 3:34 am
  • From Lands End to Home Cycle Ride (>>425km) | Do Your Dream on 2015 LEJOG Cycle route and plan

[…] Full route here […]

2015/05/21 at 6:56 pm
  • From Bill on Which 12v charger for laptop in the motorhome?

Are you talking about an inverter here? The reason I ask is that laptops require different voltages and have different plug sizes.
    IMHO it is probably best to go for a 12v car adaptor charger from the laptop manufacturer or a highly respected manufacturer. One of the advantages with a car adaptor charger is the they will (most do anyway) charge at a lower rate but will take more time of course. The other option of using an inverter and then plugging your laptops mains charger into this is that the power demand might too high.

2015/05/17 at 12:24 pm
  • From Michael on How to change water pump on 2L FWD Transit

Hey Ryan & Mel

Thanks for such a detailed description of fitting a Tranie water pump, just love my transit they keep going for ever, but once in while they do need some TLC, glad I found this post will save me a load of time complete with pics awesome.

2015/05/15 at 6:37 pm
  • From 70km Melksham to Dyrham Park via Lacock cycle route | Do Your Dream on Walks, Cycle rides and Mountain Biking - Melksham, Wiltshire

[…] Wiltshire walks/rides […]

2015/05/04 at 6:05 pm
  • From paul on Ford Transit TDCi, low power, low boost (p0235) - Fixed!

Hi i have a ford transit long wheel base
    Had problems starting found pump to be at fault before this i found two relays gray ones
    1 felt hot the other okay so i swaped them round and turned key and smoke pored out of little red wire nere battary gose to battery jump point so braught new relay conected wire and tured key burnt again …so had new pump installed and coded in still wont start pluged in code reader and said no power to relay any help

2015/04/24 at 8:14 am
  • From Melksham-Lacock-Castle Combe – 44km (22km each way) bike route | Do Your Dream on Walks, Cycle rides and Mountain Biking - Melksham, Wiltshire

[…] Wiltshire walks/rides […]

2015/04/07 at 8:08 pm
  • From Melksham, Chippenham, Calne, Seend 48km bike ride | Do Your Dream on Walks, Cycle rides and Mountain Biking - Melksham, Wiltshire

[…] Wiltshire walks/rides […]

2015/04/05 at 1:13 pm
  • From Sherwood Cycles on How to change water pump on 2L FWD Transit

This write up is amazing. My oil cooler thermostat was knackered. £11 on ebay or £30 from ford. ( i was desperate) after a snapped bolt, two damaged hoses later i was done.
    Be carefull with the wiring loom that seems dangerously close to the pully. Mine had worn four wires down to bare copper.
    Thank you SO flipin much for this write up. You must be a distant relative to jesus.
    Andrew

2015/04/03 at 6:45 pm
  • From Ryan and Mel on Neat & Cheap Digital TV for travellers

I have an omnidirectional aerial, “status” I think on the roof…. So use that.

2015/03/27 at 2:19 pm