• From CAMPING CHEQUES-Tell me please - Page 2 - MotorhomeFun on Week 3 – Lake Bolsena to Sperlonga

[…] Posted by aande could you please tell me the site in Rome that accepts camping cheques? See http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/trip-re…-to-sperlonga/ Camping Flaminio – the only campsite with Opera in the loos…. 🙂 __________________ Ryan and […]

2010/04/27 at 7:57 pm
  • From DW on Latest update - itching 🙂

Ooo, I like it.

2010/04/27 at 9:48 am
  • From Dave on Ryan and Mel say "Do Your Dream!"

Thanks for this site, I love the way you have detailed your trips for everyone. I am going to Europe for a long trip this year and have never been before so the costs that you have listed are very helpful. Thanks again. best website I’ve seen

2010/04/26 at 9:50 pm
  • From SKYPE Whats it all about ? - Page 3 - MotorhomeFun on Making Money (us & you)

[…] you need to pay (as mentioned by others). Use a cashback site though – you get 25% cashback 🙂 See http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/resourc…-money-us-you/ for a bit of info on cashback sites. __________________ Ryan and Mels European campervan […]

2010/04/26 at 4:03 pm
  • From wild camping Italy - MotorhomeFun on Our Wild camping Database

[…] of our wild and aires stays from 7 weeks last year – hope some may be useful. Direct link: http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/resourc…atabase/#Italy __________________ Ryan and Mels European campervan adventure: […]

2010/04/25 at 10:16 am
  • From brian on Our Wild camping Database

The above info is very much appreciated as is all the info & stories onyours & mels blogs All the very best to both of you Bye for now & Brian Anne

2010/04/05 at 7:53 pm
  • From Ryan and Mel on Off to Star Wars *LIVE* on 3 April...

Well – we’re back. Public transport made it challenging as the Jubilee line was closed so we had to use the DLR and then a boat from West India Quays. Wasn’t too bad….

The show was dissapointily empty – probably, at best, 1/3 full. We were given different tickets so were moved to a floor seat near the front which were apparently more expensive tickets. The amount of empty seats, and empty sections, and indeed the entire closed upper levels meant the atmosphere wasn’t as hot as it could have been.
    The show started in style and the orchestra and music were good and the visuals were quite good – telling the Star Wards story from a slightly different perspective. The penultimate piece was the piece of music we had at our wedding which was nice.
    Overall, our thoughts were echoed by comments we heard from others, in that the show was good but not “stunningly great”. My personal feeling is that the O2 venue is far too big for the acoustics to work well as the orchestra sounded great but you couldn’t really feel the music. Also the film-clip and special effects were fairly 2-dimensional whereas they had opportunity to use the space for 3D effects.
    So slightly dissapointing – 7/10 – perhaps smaller venues would be better…

2010/04/04 at 11:53 am
  • From Pat on Guestbook

Hi there , enjoyed reading your blogs which found by chance after looking through MHF for tips on prague etc, we have been ” touring europe ” since 2007, have spent many weeks in Holland / France / Portugal / Belgium and Germany . Love following the rivers eg the Rhine / Moselle / Elbe / DanubeWe plan to go off agin in april via Holland through Germany ( redoing Harz mountains ) onto Czech then back through Bavaria homewards . We take our elderly Lab ( 15yr ) she enjoys paddling in all the rivers / lakes / sea we find . Am busy planning a circular drive in Czech , do they have equivalent Aires / Stellplatz there. in portugal we stay on the Barragems ( reservoirs ) which usually have lovely scenic views . Happy travelling , are pathe may cross one day eh .We currently have a Hymer hope to upgrade to a Carthargo ( 2nd hand – cannot afford new one at 85K !!! )

2010/03/14 at 6:20 pm
  • From Phil and Hazel on Guestbook

Hi
    Just wanted to say thanks for the web site. Packed full of very useful information. It’s good to get some practical advise from people who have been there and done it

2010/03/14 at 6:19 pm
  • From Christian Clark on Guestbook

Hi Ryan – thought I’d sign your guestbook as a thankyou for your IT help at my offices – very professional and excellent value for money. Many thanks and best wishes with the travelling

Admin reply: Cheers Christain!
    However you’re spoiling the illusion that life is one long holiday! In truth though, we both actually like work when we can fit it in, and enjoy helping people out.
    See you soon and thanks for a fair few tanks of diesel

2010/03/14 at 6:19 pm
  • From Mick and Alva on Guestbook

Hi u2 nice to pick up your blog we met at Salin Giraud when we talked about piemanson beach. Oh the weather!!!!!

Admin reply: Many moons ago! Yes – we did venture down to the beach – very very windy and almost killed ourselves with the powerkite! And thanks for the water tip too!
    Now stuck here till April and then off. We did like the med

2010/03/14 at 6:13 pm
  • From Alan and Leslie on Guestbook

well looks like you had a great time,just hope our trip turns out as well as yours.
    thanks for shareing you trips with us

2010/03/14 at 6:11 pm
  • From Roger and Wendy on Guestbook

Just had a quick look at your blog following the publication of its address in MMM this month. Congratulations, taking the trouble to record your adventures will remind you of them for the rest of your lives.
    Your journeys have a marked similarity to what we have been doing in our Murvi Morello over the last three years. The main difference being that we are probably forty years older than you are! If you want to see our blog type Mobile Geriatrics into Google

2010/03/14 at 6:10 pm
  • From Pete and Anne on Guestbook

Thanks for sharing this with us. Anne and I are the couple you met last Friday at the NEC when we ordered a new (stealth) Cavarno in dark grey. Roll on next Season.

Is there an HU owner club or forum?

Cheers
    Pete

2010/03/14 at 6:09 pm
  • From Grant and Pauline on Guestbook

Hi Ryan and Mel-just read your post following our email and am signing your guest book-hope it works OK. We could not wait for our new van to arrive so in the meantime stumbled across a 52 plate Murvi Mallard on a Fiat so we have really got into motorvanning now1
    We went to Torquay over the weekend to see Joe Brown-what a show!
    Look forward to reading your travel news.
    Grant

2010/03/14 at 6:09 pm
  • From Laurence on Guestbook

Hi Ryan and Mel. I have enjoyed reading your blog and it was very helpful in planning a big trip to Europe in April/May/June 09. I have a blog which might be of some interest to you as regards France. It is not a “public” blog but if you reply to me by e-mail I will send you the link.
    Good luck on your travels and thank you for your efforts.
    Laurence (Hymer VAN 522 2006)

2010/03/14 at 6:08 pm
  • From Kate on Guestbook

What a great website. We share a lot in common. When I retired three years ago we bought a long wheel base VW camper with a Bibo’s Nexa conversion. We go away for 5-6 weeks every spring and autumn. Our trips have included Spain/Portgal, Switzerland/Croatia and we are about to go to Greece, taking the overnight ferry from Ancona, Italy to Greece. I particularly found the bit about using internet hotspots interesting as I have just bought an Acer netbook and this will be our first trip with internet access. I was surprised that your bit on campsites does not refer to France Passion. For 28 euros you get a book detailing hundreds of overnight stops at farms, vineyards etc where you can stay overnight for free. No facilities but a chance to meet the natives! Good luck in your travels.

2010/03/14 at 6:07 pm
  • From Manuela und Matthias on Guestbook

Hello Mel and Ryan!
    Greetings from Como to Como from your camper-neightbours!
    We are standing here in front of you and we can see what you are eating today!!

Let the sun shine also the next days, have a nice trip – see you anywhere in Europe again!

Greetings
    Manuela und Matthias

Admin reply: hi!
    Como was lovely wasn’t it?
    Dinner was nice – glad you didn’t see what we had for desert
    Safe travels!
    R&M

2010/03/14 at 6:07 pm
  • From Marian and Mike on Guestbook

Hi Mel and Ryan

Following your adventure with great interest. Keep up the good work.

Best wishes
    Marion and Mike

2010/03/14 at 6:06 pm
  • From Barry and Hazel on Guestbook

Hi Guys,

Remember meeting at Afferden, Holland?? Well there is a facinating set of circumstances that I am sure you will find amusing concerning how we found your superb site and why!

We have read just about every thing you have written about your travels they seem great. Glad you enjoyed Spain and Portugal and we agree Portugal has the edge.

Must rush off now as we are busy finalising our packing to leave once more on another tour tomorrow. Yet another coincidence we are planning to tour Italy!

Kind regards
    Barry & Hazel

2010/03/14 at 6:06 pm
  • From Sue and David on Guestbook

ust a quick note –
    I notice you are off to Italy soon.
    I have just posted a ‘diary’ of our 2007 trip.
    (just changed internet provider so just re-building the site but quickly put this on – if it is of any use.
    If you send me an email address I will send you a kml file which you can open in google earth to see our stops.
    I save our location each time we stop in my sat nav to use for reference in the future
    Must sees apart from many others – PAESTUM definately CAPO VATICANO – but don’t tell anyone else !!
    Have a good trip – we are just about to set off to Spain / Portugal

Remember – as someone said – Home is where you park it.

2010/03/14 at 6:05 pm
  • From Bill on Guestbook

Thanks for all the information and excellent tips. Will be utilising them when wifey and I start our “Epic Journey”

Best Regards

Bill

2010/03/14 at 6:05 pm
  • From Barry Dobson on Guestbook

A very interesting site. Useful as my wife and I are hoping to do a similar adventure. I’m still trying to persuade Michelle to go for it. 2 month taster trip planned for end of April! Its really useful to build up contacts that have already done it!

2010/03/14 at 6:04 pm
  • From Anonymous on Fame! (Embarrassed to admit!)

Hee hee – you know what I'm going to say, so I really don't need to bother! 😀

G.

2009/12/12 at 6:00 pm
  • From Grant and Pauline on alive and well

Hi Ryan and Mel-glad to see you are still roaming around having a great time.
    You may recall we have ordered a new Cavarno 2 due end of April 2010 but I seemed to have deleted your last email and forgot to add it to my address book so hence the post.
    I am just wondering whether I should add the rear view camera to my order.How useful do you find it and what angle of view do you get and does it work at night?
    Your advice would be appreciated.
    Grant and Pauline

2009/12/06 at 5:31 pm
  • From Ryan and Mel on New Cavarno

The box is home made.
    It mounts on a bak-rak frame which anything can be mounted to. the box is alimunimum – plans can be seen here http://www.ryanandmel.com/vanmods3.htm#box

HTH

2009/08/21 at 5:08 pm
  • From Ned on New Cavarno

Hi Ryan & Mel,
    Your mount on storage box, sounds just what I need. I live in York.
    Where can I get on.?
    Regards.
    Ned

2009/08/21 at 5:01 pm
  • From Ryan and Mel on New Cavarno

Hi guys – thanks!
    (If you sign our guest book then we can email you back – I can't get your email address from here – and Ian your profile is hidden! So hope you read this).

The shower head was from cak tanks http://www.caktanks.co.uk/ – they have a full PDF onine catalogue. You'll see many Cavarno parts on there 🙂

Hope this is useful

We're currently in York (wild camping in centre with 5 other vans!) – and just heading off towards Edinburgh.

R&M

2009/08/12 at 6:59 am
  • From ian on New Cavarno

Hi Ryan and Mel

Great to meet you on Sunday and take onboard all of your very useful tips.

We have been to our local DIY/Builder center this very day, trying to find a trigger shower-head, with no luck. Can you please let me know where you managed to find this item.

We look forward to hearing about the rest of your adventures. Enjoy Edinburgh.

Best regards
    Ian and Elaine Anderson.

2009/08/11 at 8:16 pm
  • From Anonymous on We are away! snowboarding day 1

I'm sure that must have been karma Ryan – I seem to remember someone finding it very funny when Mel took a wakeboard to the forehead. 😀

G.

2009/08/10 at 12:28 pm
  • From Anonymous on New Cavarno

Hi Ryan and Mel
    Thanks for giving us the lo-down on the Cavarno yesterday. I t was really useful to speak to some owners.
    We have raided the money-box and decided to order a new one due April 2010. Looking forward to joining the Cavarno Forum
    Grant and Pauline Martin

2009/08/10 at 9:54 am
  • From Anonymous on Zorbing at Zorb South

Yeah I got Netta a voucher for two as well. It's great laugh, but well overpriced, still something else crossed off the list!! Rob.

2009/08/07 at 10:07 pm
  • From Anonymous on My new toy!

I always thought you had a small chopper!

2009/07/30 at 8:47 pm
  • From C3darPark on Wakeboarding and WMSki Cable Lake in the Cotswolds

Cheers for a great few days away. Glad it wasn't me to be the only one caught on film falling in – eh Tim?

Must go and link the video of Ryan falling off the traily to your Andalucia blog… 😀

G.

2009/07/06 at 6:56 pm
  • From C3darPark on We're alive!

That off-roading photo makes you look so calm and in control Ryan – I feel compelled to redress the balance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lnRVelfPuQ at 02:30, and then again at 06:15!!!

G.

2009/07/06 at 6:53 pm
  • From Anonymous on Spanish trail riding video (from Dec 08)

Cheeky git.

A 2 hour DVD of the weekend is in the post, showing all your crashes!

G.

2009/03/15 at 6:11 pm
  • From Anonymous on The tower in Pisa is a bit wonkey....

Hi Guys,

Kind regards
    Barry & Hazel

2009/03/10 at 11:22 pm
  • From CandA on Brussels

Hi,

just discovered your blog and website – really appreciate the detail and information. We are off to Italy ourselves in April, the start of our yera out travelling around Southern europe. We’ll keep an eye on your blog for ideas.

We have a VW van but not the archetypal camper that everyone pictures. Ours is a high-top Transporter (a Blue T5) conversion by Devon – if you see us in Europe come over for a chat.

Liked your photo of the toboggan at the Hexenplatze – we were there in 2000 and couldn’t resist the ride either.

And finally, I believe the Brussels atom is meantto represent a crystal of Iron. Sorry for being a nerd but I am a Biochemist!

Any prize?

2009/02/27 at 9:44 am
  • From Anonymous on We're off!

Hi Ryan and Mel,

Sorry not to catch up with you earlier. Just to let you know that Rob came off his motorbike last Friday, just started off from home was turning a slight right hand corner (near the playground around the corner from us) when the back went from underneath him. He came off and the bike fell on his leg causing a spiral fracture of his tibia, snapping his fibula and breaking his ankle. Needless to say he’s in hospital having had to have a metal plate put in to pin his bones together. He’s doing really well and we hope he’ll be out and home tomorrow (Fri 27th). We’ve had a fantastic holiday and I’m sure Rob will have time now to sort out the photos!
    How’s the marathon training coming along? Love Netta xx

2009/02/26 at 7:47 am
  • From Anonymous on Home again

Have you started your marathon training yet? Nettaono

2009/01/28 at 8:21 am
  • From Ryan and Mel on Home again

What a lovely comment Karen (hope you see this!) – many thanks – glad to see someone else doing it! We’ll catch you up 🙂 Buy you a wine for your stories!

2009/01/20 at 7:25 pm
  • From Anonymous on Home again

Just wanted to congratulate you on your well-written, entertaining and informative website. Your dreams and philosophy for life… are thing I share and you are an inspiration. I’ve just taken VERY early retirement, at 51, from a stressful, senior level, albeit exciting and interesting job in the rat race. I know that’s old to you! I’ve bought a small van similar to yours and I’m off (solo) to Portugal/Spain shortly to tour for a few months – back in time for Glastonbury Festival!! Scotland for the summer and who knows, perhaps Austria and Italy in the autumn….
    Good luck with the rest of your dreams… some I of them I’m ahead of you – the country home (mortgage paid), lots of time driving on safari in Africa etc getting close to the wildlife and, and in my younger years more energetic activities – parachuting, water skiing, ballooning and a few others!
    Keep on having fun, you’ve got it right!… best wishes Karen

2009/01/20 at 6:21 pm
  • From Anonymous on We Are Here...

keep on trucking! looks as though you are enjoying yourseles. Hope you get your wish with the weather. Late spring it is possible (in some places) to ski in the mountains in the morning and belt down to the sea for a dip after lunch.
    Have a good Christmas.
    J & C

2008/12/18 at 7:47 pm
  • From Anonymous on What a stupid idea! Madness!

Thanks, I have ordered the book. Just discovered that our van has leaked quite alot in the recent heavy rain so I will be on the roof with the sealant in the next few days. Have you crossed the border into spain yet? If so did you go over or round the mountains?

2008/11/30 at 11:15 pm
  • From Ryan and Mel on We're off again!

lol! Good to hear from you Geoff.
    Looking at the Euro/GBP exchange rate you may be right!!!
    However, the main plan is to mix a few days expensive boarding with a few cheap days on the beach flying kites and eyeing up the totty.
    We are assuming we can get the van up an icy mountain in the first place……
    Watch this space!

2008/11/27 at 4:15 pm
  • From Geoff Collins on We're off again!

Ryan – You’re so tight that I expect you’re going to walk up the slopes to avoid buying lift passes!

Have fun.
    Geoff

2008/11/27 at 3:59 pm
  • From Ryan and Mel on What a stupid idea! Madness!

Thanks Simon!
    You will love it – and I’m sure your kid will learn more from this than you may think! Look up “Europe in a motorhome” book – as this has details of people (in a huge van) with kids travelling round for a year.
    Whats the worst that can happen! 🙂

2008/11/24 at 9:20 pm
  • From simon on What a stupid idea! Madness!

I have found your site today as I was researching getting from France to spain in January. We have just bought a good size motorhome and leave the uk headed for Malaga or thereabouts the first week of Jan next year. I will now be checking you site regulaly. We are a bit nervous as we have quit our jobs and are taking our three year old daughter

2008/11/24 at 8:52 pm
  • From Anonymous on Hello from Hamburg

do the locals here like fast food?! – Rob.

2008/10/31 at 9:58 pm
  • From netta on Amsterdam 1/2 Marathon

Hi there!
    Well done on you half! I nearly died running mine (The Great Eastern Run – Peterborough) the other week. It was very hot and I got very dehydrated. I managed to cross the line in 1hr 47min 26 secs but the last mile took 10min 40 secs!
    Have entered Edinburgh as have not got into London so see you in May!
    Take care of yourselves! Love Netta & Rob